William "Bill" Sterbinsky is a Florida native devoted to the continued service of his home state and community. Before graduating high school, at 17 years old he enlisted in the Marine Corps Infantry after 9/11. His four years in the Marines included security forces duty protecting our nations nuclear assets and a deployment to Iraq with the 3rd Battalion, 4th Marines, Weapons Company, 81 mm Mortar Platoon.
Upon an Honorable Discharge, Bill pursued a history degree at USF and a law degree at Florida Costal School of Law where he specifically studied VA Claims/Benefits.
After law school, Bill came home to Sarasota and obtained a job at the State Attorney's Office where he was part of the team that helped build the first Veteran's Court in the Twelfth Judicial Circuit, Manatee County, Florida. Additionally, together, with a core of local veterans. they created an idea to use local resources to solve local veteran problems, SRQ VETS. Since 2015, through local initiatives like Operation Rubix, the veterans and community volunteers have raised local resources that continue to benefit veterans, their families, and the community. They aim to fix our back yard first, and in the process build a model, so that they can fix our neighbors back yard next.
Bill now works for the Law Firm of Alex Dell, PLLC providing legal assistance to veterans. The areas of law Bill focuses on are VA Claims (including dependents), Florida Workers' Compensation, Social Security Income, Social Security Disability. and Personal Injury. Bill still volunteers his time throughout the local communities. He attends the local Veterans Courts and works along side many volunteers.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Florida Workers' Compensation
- VA Claims
- Social Security Income
- Social Security Disability
- Personal Injury/Medical Malpractice
- Veterans Affairs Accreditation
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Juris Doctorate
- Pro Bono Law Certificate
- Advanced Legal Research, Writing, and Drafting Certificate
- University of South Florida
- History, Magna cum Laude
Affiliations, Memberships and Awards
- Disabled American Veterans
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- 2017 - Goodwill Community Ambassador of the Year
- 2018 - Sarasota County Veterans of the Year
- 2019 - Speaker at University of South Florida, Veterans Benefits Seminar
- 2019 - Speaker at Delivering Action Summit
- SRQ VETS, co-founder and board member (nonprofit)
- Vets2Success, board member (nonprofit)
- Manasota Veterans, board member (nonprofit)
- United Way, Mission United, advisory council member