Congratulations to Attorney Alex C. Dell on being selected as a committee member for the Brain Injury Association of NYSJuly 23, 2020
The Brain Injury Association of New York State (BIANYS) launched the Concussion Initiative Committee in 2017 as an interdisciplinary approach to issues related to concussion. Member include 40+ health care, education and advocacy professionals from across the state, all of whom share the goal of improving concussion education and care for all New Yorkers.
The goal of the Concussion Initiative is to improve the recognition and management of concussion across the state through:
- Identification and implementation of protocols that achieve a successful Return-to-Life for all New Yorkers who sustain concussions;
- Advocate for public policy that addresses concussion;
- and the execution of a statewide educational standard that addresses issues faced by New Yorkers recovering from concussion, their families and loved ones, and professionals in the field.
Concussion Initiative Return to Work Committee
- Brian Rieger, PhD - Director of the Upstate Concussion Center; BIANYS Concussion Initiative Co-Chair
- Alex C. Dell, Esq. - Law Firm of Alex Dell, PLLC
- John Leddy, MD - Concussion Clinic Director, University at Buffalo UBMD Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
- Jake McPherson, PT, DPT - Chairperson of the New York Physical Therapy Association’s Public Policy Committee; CFO, Bennett Rehabilitation Institute
- Kim Nemi, OTR/L - Therapy Team Leader for the Concussion Team, Upstate Concussion Center
The Brain Injury Association of New York State (BIANYS) is a statewide, non-profit membership organization that advocates on behalf of people with brain injuries and their families. BIANYS provides education, advocacy and community support services that lead to improved outcomes. Please visit bianys.org for more information on the organization and the Concussion Initiative Advisory Committee.